Wednesday, April 23, 2014

mindful


To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven. I love this idea, though it is easy to forget, easy to long for days past or waste time dreaming of a season to come. This line  helps me to stay open to change, to letting go of old moments and welcoming the new, just as I release spent breath and usher new air in to fill my lungs. I want to live in gratitude and to look for joy around every corner. One of QG's coworkers died last week. The man was not sick. He just suddenly died one afternoon at age 65, just before the great retirement he had planned. Another young coworker died unexpectedly of the flu last fall, leaving two young children behind. What stark reminders that life is fleeting. We must appreciate each moment and live mindfully.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sad about QG's co-workers dying -another reminder to live life to the fullest and thank God for all of your blessings!!

    ReplyDelete