Wednesday, July 16, 2014

fallen just so


This is a picture I took in May at Koreshan State Park in Estero, Florida: a fascinating place if you ever get the chance to visit. I got mesmerized, snapping about five billion shots, by the dozens of evocative flowers that had fallen haphazardly from the tree above. Something about these two, perhaps their ease together, reminded me of QG and I. Corny, I know. I was pondering every blossom, as if trying to remember something it was hinting at, something mysterious humming beneath the showy surface. Nature is the best teacher, revealing ever more in equal measure to my open heart and palm. 

At length, my daughter had to forcibly drag me away from my precious to head to the car. Apparently, not everyone thinks hovering over a patch of ground for hours is a good time. The upside is that I am a cheap date: forget the fine dining, just take me to a park and let me stare at the ground. 

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me of dragging Mom out of the grocery store - remember how she used to love to stare at the produce aisle - it use to take forever to get her out of the produce and fruit department, You and QG are a great pair!!!

    ReplyDelete