Sunday, October 6, 2013

I wonder




Oh my gosh. My IPhone almost got turned back in yesterday in favor of my good old dumb phone after I spent an hour and a half talking to tech support from AT&T then Apple. Turns out Siri, this random voice who lives inside my phone, turned herself on and took control of my phone. She would not let me get inside my system to turn her off. 

Why do these things happen to me? How did Siri do it? It remains a mystery, but eventually, after many failed attempts and disconnected calls, one dude from Apple was able to talk me through getting Siri turned off. Aargh. Of course, this happened when I was rushing out the door for a girls night at my friend's lake house. 

The bad news is I was late, the good news is that I made it and my phone is working fine now. The girl's night was super fun. It featured wine, junk food, stories, more wine, giggling, chocolate, and stuff like that. I always learn so much from listening to other people's stories and I treasure every person in my life. What fascinates me is how different we all are, yet how perfectly made each person is to accomplish their own particular mission. How this all happens is a delicious mystery.

In other news, I am in love with the crisp, sunny weather that has come to Dallas this weekend. Finally, temperatures which require one to wear a jacket after sunset. Fall is amazing. It makes me so happy to feel the evening chill!




No comments:

Post a Comment