Saturday, October 5, 2013

on to the next


It is day eight of sister's week, and I am still standing. Whew. We've seen tons of sights and hung around twenty-four-seven, thus I have not blogged, worked on photography, or done any of my regular schtick all week, except cook and clean up, of course. Dang, where's that maid when you need her?  

It is interesting to step away from your regular life once in a while to jump into a different one. My last sister goes to the airport in a few minutes. I'll miss them both, but we made the most of our time together, and that's the important thing. Every bit of life holds something to embrace and enjoy, and, as I float along, I am working on keeping my hands open to grasp what passes by and on letting go when that is done to grab what comes next. This is harder than it sounds, but the older I get, the more I see how many treasures this old world holds. 

Take yesterday: I finally joined this century and got a smart phone (IPhone 4s). Yikes. My sister Lisa guided me through the trauma of getting it. I have irrational phobias about technology and my lack of skills. Now I have to learn to use the thing. If you call me in the next few days, and I don't answer, it's probably because I don't know how. Wish me luck. 

These photos are from the The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum at SMU, which was my favorite of all the sights we tackled this week. If you get the chance to visit it, jump on it, as it is so well done and fascinating. Though, it's closed now during the shut down. Thankfully, we got there the day before it closed.



3 comments:

  1. Kim you were a wonderful hostess- you treated Karen and I like royalty. I really enjoyed all the sites but mostly I loved being with you and Karen. We feasted on your fine food and drinks - we laughed and cried - it was wonderful as you are wonderful and full of adventure - thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a privilege to host you two beautiful people!

      Delete
    2. Yes, loved every minute of it sisters! Thanks a bunch Kim.

      Delete