Tuesday, March 18, 2014

losing the vole


Sometimes I have really crazy dreams that seem like technicolor movies. I woke up one morning last week with the line, "I say bungee Sanibel all," running over and over in my head like a mantra. Don't ask me why. It was part of some dream I was having. 

Last night I was on a photo shoot with a National Geographic photographer. Our job was to shoot the pink and orange sunset shining across the river behind his house. He had five kids, and he handed me one to hold when I arrived, only it looked more like a tiny vole, so I was perplexed about how it could be his child. I set the rodent/baby down and accidentally misplaced it when it wandered off as I was searching for my best camera lens, which had slipped off of my camera and rolled away. 

As I knelt, sweeping my hands under a dining room cabinet to check for the lens, George Bush unexpectedly strolled past and I wanted to take his picture but couldn't without the lens. Nobody ever found the baby because we all got distracted going down the spiral water slide in their living room instead of looking for it. The photographer's wife was not very understanding about me losing their youngest kid/rodent. And I did feel pretty guilty about it, especially seeing as how I forgot to even look for it because I was having too much fun. If only someone could interpret that dream for me. Then again, maybe I don't want to know. Life is mysterious. You've gotta laugh.

Maybe I should start writing out these dreams in detail. Who knows? I could be the next Stephen King. I say bungee Sanibel all!



3 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that you remembered all of that! I don't think I've ever had a dream that I could remember that well, and, if I have, I've forgotten it by now. mm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like the crazier the dream, the more I remember it. Dreams fascinate me.

      Delete
    2. I think your dream is a good sign that you are working through your feelings of guilt and lack of confidence - that even though the photog's wife was upset you still continued to have fun and didn't let anything hold you back. I think that is great - don't let others steal your joy and fun - so I agree bungee Sanibel!!

      Delete