Sunday, March 9, 2014

Santa Barbara


QG and I were in Santa Barbara for the past several days visiting his sister and her husband, who retired there two years ago. Oh my Lordie. Let me just say that Santa Barbara is heavenly. When I retire, I only hope that they will hire me as their maid or gardener and let me live in one of their extra bedrooms. I would require only occasional infusions of coffee, bread, meat and ice cream in way of payment. Not much to ask, right? 

We went to the beach, puttered  about the town, and went wine tasting during our visit. We got in at two this morning, and I vaguely remember turning out the light at four only to spring awake at seven. Don't ask. Sooo tired. This is their dog, Nikki.

Below is a very pretty house we passed on the beach. I wonder who lives there? Whoever they are, they are lucky, but aren't we all? No doubt. May we all appreciate the roof over our head, no matter how humble or grand.



2 comments:

  1. Don't get too attached to California. Remember New Bern. The house is gorgeous, and I especially like the arbor/trellis covered in flowers. Sea slugs? I think I could lose weight really fast if this is all I had to eat. It is a beautiful creature, though. mm

    ReplyDelete