Thursday, March 8, 2012

lovely




So, I had a salad for dinner. I took a picture. Has any salad ever been more lovely?

Seriously. This combo of color and texture is downright adorable.
I also baked a fresh loaf of bread. While that was baking, I realized that I might need a new puppy. Jamie was looking at me with that "I want a baby sister" look in her eyes. At least I think that's what she was saying. Maybe I just have too much thinking time on my hands with QG out of town all week. Quiet house. Long evenings. Miss him. But, yeah! he'll be home tomorrow.

I've been working on an editing job and an instructional blog post on how to make tie purses.
Takes more time than I thought, but the instructions should be up soon.

Here’s a thrifting tip: check out the watches. Apparently, a lot of people donate their watches when the batteries die. I have picked up some great ones for $2.95 each: the standard rate at Goodwill.

 I picked up these two yesterday. You can get cheap batteries at Wal-Mart. Wallah: a hundred-dollar watch for about eight bucks.  Schweet deal.


2 comments:

  1. That IS a beautiful salatd; is that feta? Feta makes salads delicious! Thanks also for the watch tip. I love dollar day at GW. I wore a skirt today I got last week for a dollar, and everyone oohed and ahhed. It's really pretty and great quality, hard to believe it was $1. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, D. Yes, it is feta - good eye. I agree - feta makes any salad delicious. Kudos on the skirt deal. You need to send me a picture. Happy Friday!

      Delete