Sunday, March 4, 2012

still in Portland


I'm still in Portland. Exciting news...it's not raining today! Even though almost every day has been cold and drizzly, I love this city. It is interesting. I love all the old buildings, houses,



flowers,


and all the moss. Some moss is so vibrant, it hums and glows.

Kelly has not left the apartment yet, but today will be the day. The foot is coming along nicely.

 She is off of the strong pain meds now, hobbling around the apartment in a jaunty fashion. It's been great to spend so much time with her. She's such an insanely fun and delightful person. (And that is an unbiased opinion.)













Every morning I walk to the corner coffee shop,
stopping to take pictures along the way.



We've been keeping busy organizing closets, cooking, watching Gilmore Girls, playing cribbage, and reading. Kelly had a bunch of friends over last night for pizza. They are all so nice. She is good at finding amazing friends.









 Portland has the best thrift shops. I've walked to one or another most days for an afternoon adventure. I've picked up some treasures for Kelly's place here are some of them.



 That's my update. Home on Tuesday.

5 comments:

  1. Hey I love the pictures. What a beautiful and quaint little area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We need to go there together sometime. It is such a cool place.

      Delete
  2. Welcome home. Still have to try the Scapa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scapa sampling. Today. Five o'clock. Our house. Hurrah for Fridays!

      Delete
  3. Perhaps my favorite post, not because I'm in it or anything :) loved having you here - you are absolutely the best. Talked about you quite a bit with the friends last night- concluded you are awesome. And I am apparently weirdly like you. Lol.

    ReplyDelete