Thursday, January 23, 2014

art jars



These jars were an art piece at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection museum in Venice. Yes, I am still working on my photos from our trip back in October so that I can make a photo book. Oy. The bad part about being a detail person is that getting things "just so" takes sooo much time. Whatever. Today, I finally mailed my Christmas cards. No joke. I had to turn them into pre-Valentines Day cards, but they're done. Big yay!

Anyhow, I really loved this jar display. It is magical. Art is like that. These jars reminds me of all the little pleasures in life, which we record in our minds to pull out and savor whenever need them. It also reminds me of the illusive goals we seek. Like, sometimes your soul is yearning for something which you can't quite define. That thing is represented by these jars. That thing is beautiful, yet beyond words: almost like hope. Take a break. Look at these jars for a little while. Maybe their glow will cheer you.




No comments:

Post a Comment