Wednesday, February 19, 2014

53


Whew - today I made it to 53. Not sure if that is such a great accomplishment, considering I had no choice, but this particular birthday fills me with relief. My mom died at 52, so I've been uneasy all year about that number. In the back of my mind, I kept wondering if I would also die at 52. That does not seem logical, as I am not even sick and I want to live forever, but feelings are seldom logical and 52 seemed like a complete barrier beyond which I couldn't imagine myself being. My first thought when I opened my eyes this morning was... I did it - I made it to 53, and that filled me with joy and happiness. Can't wait to write, take pictures, and a million other things this year.

I have an exciting cake experiment baking now, and I will tell you all about it tomorrow. It is a healthy version of a box cake that I made up and I don't know if it will turn out delicious, or like a rock, but I will reveal all tomorrow, with pictures and recipe. Also just made a huge batch of granola and am making two loaves of bread. All of this because tomorrow is the most exciting of days. I fly to Portland to spend the long weekend with my youngest daughter, Kelly. Naturally, I would not think of showing up without a homemade loaf of bread and a sack of granola in my suitcase. We are going to do all kinds of hanging out, hiking, drinking beer and coffee and tooling about together. Oh my gosh, that girl is such a sweetie that she is flying me out there as my Christmas/birthday gift. Best gift ever!

These flowers are from the past year, my gift for you to gaze at and enjoy while you think happy thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Yes you have wonderful girls - Kelly is so full of wonder and excitement - I know you are having fun

    ReplyDelete