Sunday, February 16, 2014

list girl


Salad and I are back together. We couldn't stay parted for long. Salad completes me. Here is a picture of yesterday's lunch. The salad included iceberg lettuce, field greens, chopped red peppers, left-over grilled chicken, tiny tomatoes, and feta cheese. For the dressing, I sprinkled fig balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little sugar. That's it. Toss and enjoy!

This is a plant called "string of pearls." I love it very much. I got it eight years ago when I was visiting my buddy Jean in St. Louis. Jean is a dear person and my gardening mentor. Anyhow, she had this plant growing in a vase of water and, when I went berserk over its loveliness, she gave me a snipping. The snipping is still growing strong, and has spawned many babies, this snippet being one of them. So precious. 

I am continuing on my organizational quest. Now that most of my closets are cleaned out, I am moving on to lists. For years, I've wanted to be a list person, but the thought of making the list of everything I need to do always made me fall asleep, no matter what time of day it was. Ugh. Exhausting. But, exciting news, last Monday, I finally made the list. It has 58 items on it ranging from paint the living room to trim Jamiewoo's paws. Yay! List made. I already did thirteen of the items, though two, I added to the list after doing them just to make myself feel like I was making progress.

One frustrating item was call Verizon to get a better cable/phone deal. I have a horrible history with such things, so why did I bother? The first call with Kristen lasted an hour. We agreed on a deal, only she was going to call me back to confirm. Unfortunately, I missed that call, because it was an hour before scheduled. So I started all over again with Miss Porter the next day. After another hour we had a deal. I only had to go to the local Verizon store to pick up my box to activate the new deal, which would save us fifteen bucks a month. I go to the store and, of course, the order is messed up and the new gal Corrina has to re-enter it, promising me the same price. The box is installed, only the HD doesn't work and the price on our confirmation email from Corrina is not only way above Miss Porter's price but more than we were paying originally. Aaaargh. Guess what I will be doing for at least an hour tomorrow? Oh well. I'll write the call on my list, so I can cross it off afterwards. That's something.



No comments:

Post a Comment