Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cranberry Tomato Onion Dressing recipe

I've been thinking up a new salad dressing for awhile now, and finally got a chance to make it yesterday. Not bad, if I do say so myself. It's healthy, not too caloric, and easy to make. I hope you'll give it a try. Here's how to make my Cranberry Tomato Onion Dressing:
Chop up a medium onion. Saute it till translucent in a little oil. Add a 14.5 ounce can of no-salt-added diced tomatoes,
 and 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1 teaspoon fresh chopped, or dried dill, 2 teaspoons yellow mustard, 1 Tablespoon molasses, 1/2 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt, 3 Tablespoons sugar, 1/4 cup cider vinegar, and 1Tablespoon distilled white vinegar.

Bring to a boil, then simmer for about fifteen minutes. Remove from heat, add 2 Tablespoons oil, then mix with an immersion blender (or in an upright blender) until fairly smooth. Put the dressing into a clean glass jar till cool, then you are ready to enjoy it on a salad.

2 comments: