Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday delight day

Something delightful is about to happen in a few hours. Eeek. Can't wait. QG and I will head to the airport to retrieve an offspring. Lauren is coming home for the weekend! What could be better than that? Woot hoot!  She's flying all the way from Californey to see little old us. In honor of my gal, here are a few other delightful things.
  
Perfume, perfume, perfume. Can't get me enough of that perfume. As a fragrance lover, I have evolved. Before the accident, I was a one-bottle-at-a-time girl. That was practical. That was sane. But, now I have gone crazy. It all started with that second bottle. This was in the days of post-accident daily pain. It cheered me up to focus on which scent I would wear the next day. Then, I came upon a sale, and thought - wow- it would be even more fun to have three to choose from. With three, I could pick according to my mood, as each scent is distinct. Things snowballed from there, and  the result is above. Don't panic. At this point, I am no longer adding, only enjoying. An addiction? Maybe. But a delightful one which isn't hurting anyone.
Fruit. You've gotta love fruit, especially in summer. These pears are growing on Mumsey's tree next door. Aren't they pretty? 
The flower of the day from Bill and Harriet's yard, one street over. A feast for the eyes. 

Granted this picture isn't delightful, but laughter is. Every time I walk past this yard (which is at least once a day), it cracks me up. The photo's a bit blurry (sorry, my photography class only started yesterday), but, yeah, that's a keep off the grass sign. Aah, really? Come on, people... reality check. Your grass is dead.



No comments:

Post a Comment