Thursday, April 4, 2013

before the adventure

Just a quick poem from this week. I am packing to head to Florida in an hour. I'll get to spend ten days with my younger daughter, and see both my sisters and my mother-in-law. If I were a baseball player, that would be considered a home run. When you are anticipating something exciting it seems that all of your senses work so much better and you notice fine details that you might have overlooked. That's what this poem is about. I love that thrilling sensation of anticipation. I woke up five times last night, for fear I'd oversleep and miss the plane. Now I'm tired but wired. Wheeee!




Waiting

Sky dims,
leaves skim,
wind-a-swishing,
branches dipping,
heart-a-steady
blip-a-blipping.

                    -Kimberly Laustsen



2 comments:

  1. Have a blippin' time! (not to be confused with bleepin'!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I didn't even realize my repeated use of blip in posts. Oy. How goofy. Though, I have to admit, it's been pretty darn blipaliscious so far. I hope all is well with you!

      Delete