Wednesday, April 17, 2013

gratitude day



Today, I am practicing gratitude. I am thankful for yoga. I know I sound like a broken record touting it, but here's what happened. On my Florida trip, I foolishly went a dozen days without doing yoga. Besides that, I sat crunched up on an uncomfortable couch working on my computer for two days straight, not to mention carrying heavy groceries and luggage. Result: wrenched back, whereas it was hard to stand up straight by Monday morning. I decided to go to yoga today anyhow, and modify for gentle stretches and poses. It hurt. In the middle, I was questioning the sanity of my decision. However, by the time I got home, the back was much, much better. Close to normal even. Yay, yoga! The dude above is Christopher one of our fave instructors.



I'm also thankful for spiders. Call me crazy, but isn't this guy so darn cute and fascinating? I found him in the piney woods of Naples, Florida. I named him Slossy, as it seemed to suit him. Miss you, Slossy.



Lastly, I am thankful for winding paths. To me, they speak of hope, mystery and adventure. May all of your paths lead to peace and contentment, whatever life may throw your way. Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. Slossy is what I call a "garden spider" very valuable for eating certain insects. He (she?) is quite beautiful. mm

    ReplyDelete