Sunday, April 28, 2013

salad days


So, I'm back to my salad addiction for lunches. Today's salad was so pretty, I had to awaken Agnes (my camera) from her Sunday morning sleep-in to take these pictures. That girl does not like to be roused before noon on weekends. Slacker or bon vivant?  You decide.

For this salad, I threw in everything I could find in the fridge, thinking that eating the entire rainbow is best. By that I mean I subscribe to the theory that ingesting every color of food will get you a good assortment of vitamins and minerals. Guess what all is in here. The culprits are listed below. For dressing, I tossed in some balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Delicious and healthy.


This salad included iceberg lettuce, red leaf lettuce, fresh spinach, cooked red beets, onions, chopped tomatoes, aged white cheddar cheese, Virginia ham, strawberries, artichoke hearts, and chopped broccoli. Salads are like life. You should throw in everything and anything and gather up as many friends as you can to share it with. I halved this with quiet Guy after yoga class, followed by a cup of English tea with milk and sugar, which is always a good idea of a Sunday afternoon. Next, we mulched the flower beds. Oh yeah! Life is so good.

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty salad. Gave me some ideas. Thanks, scab. Sorry bout the finger.

    Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee. Scab was only one of my nicknames. Another was Maypole, which later got shortened to Mapes. Don't ask me why. That would be my sister's department. I hope your knee is coming along. I've been thinking of you daily sending good energy and a prayer your way.

    ReplyDelete