Monday, July 1, 2013

column schmolum



I just submitted my DMN column. Whew. It was due today. Naturally, I am now drenched in sweat. Literally. It's not pretty. Every time I submit something, I have to go through the obligatory self-loathing and panic just to appease the Gods of Humility or something. I guess I will never be a hilariously confident person. I've decided that is something you have to learn as a child. 

But it is better to be under-confident than overconfident because it is less likely to land you in jail. For example, if you try to rob the restaurant where you work as a cook and your only disguise is one leg of a pantyhose jammed over your head, they will probably recognize you no matter how confident you are, and put you in jail. + Disclaimer: this example is purely hypothetical. Any resemblance to the antics of a family member of mine is coincidental. 

And who likes confident people, anyhow? They're so predictable and boring. My new goal is to be confidence neutral. I may be inching closer, based on my slightly-less-diffuse sweat levels compared with the last column.

Manna


Lord, 
give 
me 
eyes 
to 
see
the 
beauty
in 
nature
and 
me.
         -Kimberly Laustsen 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment