Sunday, July 21, 2013

quote day


Do not let your heart be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
                                                                           - John 14:1

I love this quote from the book of John. It is easy for me to let my heart be troubled. I was born anxious. It is easy for many to be swept into hatred or hard feelings in our nation lately. 

Everybody has had hard times in their life, no matter their station or appearance. I hope that when I see my fellow citizens I will choose to see their struggle as well as their dignity. I hope that I will choose to love no matter what, and to work out that love in deeds beginning at home and going out from there. There is a little girl in my neighborhood who needs a pal. I am that pal. We talk. We walk. We listen to music. We eat pretzels and color. I listen. That is nothing amazing or particuarly noble on my part. It is one small ongoing effort.

That is my point. If you think about the problems in our nation now, they seem huge and overwhelming. So many negative voices. But we can all do something to help. Everyone can do one positive act nearby to be a helper. Put those acts together, and  real progress can be made. Do not let your heart be troubled. Choose to trust.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kim-- glad to have met you this weekend--- here's the info I promised you--- gene@lightroomsecrets.com he'd be happy to answer any questions and let you know about DFWAUG---- my blog is gracenoteslive.com Julianne McCullagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to meet you, Julianne. I love your blog. The one on your dad was so interesting. I am sorry for your loss of such a wonderful man. I will def contact Gene and plan to check out the adobe group. I was wondering what you are writing now that your first book is published. Thanks for commenting - take good care!

    ReplyDelete