Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lance's world famous salsa recipe


I am an appreciator. I can savor the heck out of anything from a beautifully crafted doorknob to a fine scotch. Enter my buddy Lance Nail: salsa artist. Lance has been making salsa for years, continually tweaking the recipe in his efforts to attain perfection. I have tasted many of his batches, all delicious. However, last week he managed to pry open the doors of heaven. A sunbeam escaped to shine straight into his food processor. The recipe is now final. It is happiness on a chip: the best salsa I've ever tasted. That's saying something because I heart salsa. The best part? He said I can give out the recipe. Here it is. Enjoy!

Lance's World Famous Salsa

4 fresh tomatoes
1 medium sweet yellow onion
2 cloves of garlic, peeled 
1 handful fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon Mitchell Street Steak Seasoning (Penseys spices)
1 teaspoon chipotle pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Juice from 1/2 of a lime
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded

Put all ingredients into a food processor. Mix. If you want a hotter version, leave the jalapeño pepper seeds in, or part of them according to how hot and spicy you want the salsa to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment