Tuesday, June 11, 2013

cabbage raisin stir fry recipe

Hey, over the weekend, I made a quick and tasty vegetable dish, so I thought I'd share the recipe. My neighbor gave me a Texas-grown cabbage and onion from her neighbor Dewey at their ranch house in LaRue Texas. Dewey has a huge garden and it was exciting to be able to share in his bounty. So, I scanned my cabinets and came up with this combo. This dish is even better heated up or eaten cold the next day.

Cabbage raisin stir fry

1/2 large cabbage, cored and roughly chopped
1 cup raisins
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (organic if possible)
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon ground celery seed
1 small onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 apple, cored and chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Take a large frying pan. Heat it to medium, coat lightly with olive oil, then dump in all of the ingredients. Simmer on medium to medium high for 5-10 minutes, while stirring. Turn down to simmer, put a lid on, and cook for another 20 minutes or so, until tender, stirring occassionally.

2 comments:

  1. This is so weird - I like cabbage a lot but rarely eat it - but today i was craving cabbage and had some with dinner and now here you are blogging about cabbage!!! Cool- that recipe looks soooo good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird... but you know what they say about great minds and all. That, or we're both a bit kooky, or aliens are simultaneously implanting cabbage thoughts into both of our our brains. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete