Sunday, June 23, 2013

popular feet



So, these are my feet. Not the prettiest dogs in the world, but they do their job. These feet tell my story. Sometimes I am awkward in my skin like the toes above. It's weird how slippery my sense of self can be, especially when I am travelling, constantly visiting accomplished people, with no time alone and no time to write for days on end. I want to be that person who is confident and steady no matter what, but I can be so easily intimidated. Aargh - I hate that. All I want is to be plucky in every situation and to have a smooth complexion until the day I die. Is that too much to ask? I thought not.

Anyhow, I got back home around midnight last night. No place like it. No bed as comfy as my own. I had to spend most of today neurotically organizing closets, doing laundry and unclutterring, which is what I do to re-nest myself after being gone for ten days. Who knows why? It's my thing. Also hung out with Quiet Guy all day, so now I am back to my old self. If only I could be back to my old self less five pounds, it would be even better. Oh well. I guess that would entail eating less ice cream and more lettuce and carrots. Highly unlikely. My feet below are my target look: cool, artsy, colorful & spunky. If these feet were in high school, they would be the popular feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment