Tuesday, June 25, 2013

the shady rest


Ever since my two-year calmness project (of which I'm now on year three, but who's counting? Oh, and I added focus this year, as a goal, so I'm actually multitasking, which, now that I think about it, was probably not such a great idea, as the two do not exactly go hand in hand) and my investigations into mindful living, yoga, herbal tea, prayer, meditation, and the like, I find myself constantly scanning for idyllic nooks and shady perches to savor and to collect via photograph. 

I love this picture. It feels so soothing and, somehow, hopeful. Life often gets crazy-hectic. It is nice to sit on a log and look out over the California mountains. Try it. In your mind, sit on this log. Breathe in and out to a count of ten. Keep breathing deeply and slowly. Feel the gentle breeze on your cheeks and hands. Smell the lavender growing right there. Bask in this happy spot. All the world is in front of you, and there is no telling what joys tomorrow may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment