Monday, December 30, 2013

art seeps in


On our trip to Barcelona we went to some great museums. At the ones that allowed photos, I tried to record my favorite pictures so I could bring them home to look at over and over again. Something about incredible art gives me a flutter inside, like happiness mixed with hope. 


These are all from the National Art Museum of Catalonia, which is huge and so worthwhile to visit. The one to the right above is made of tiles.


The artists who created these works are all dead, but I felt as if they were still speaking directly to me through their work and I could catch a little of their spirit and be inspired and energized by it. How can an inert object created by a now-dead person spark such joy? It's a mystery that seems beyond words and fills me with endless thoughts of wonder.


No comments:

Post a Comment