Tuesday, December 10, 2013

grateful day

Today, I'm grateful for fingers of ice that drip from golden-orange leaves. The art of nature never ceases to amaze me.

I'm grateful for my silly dog, Jamiewoo, who spends her days on my bed snuggling with whatever scrap of clothing she can find, be it a dirty sock, a sweater, or the leg of my jeans. Once, I even caught her cuddled up with a scrunchie: not the highlight of her conquests. 

Some days, she has to make do with my pillow. Not ideal. Think slobber.  So, I try to remember to toss my PJ's or some socks from the laundry bin onto the bed every morning just to keep her happy throughout the day. The socks are her favorite. Don't know what that says about my feet, but it's probably not a compliment. On the other hand, just think of all the happiness these size-ten lunkers have brought to the old girl simply by virtue of the socks they dirty. If only people could be so easy to entertain! It's the simple things that matter most. Rest, hanging with your peeps, walking to the park, enjoying a nice bowl of kibble. I tend to forget the joy of ordinary moments, especially during this hectic month, but Jamiewoo keeps patiently trying to remind me. 
I'm also grateful for Christmas ornaments. I got this vintage silver tree ten years ago in an antique shop. My mother-in-law, Jane, gave me her spinning light to put under it. Love that sparkly tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment