Tuesday, April 10, 2012

found it


It's a day late and a dollar short, but I finally found the Easter poem I wrote a coupl'a years ago. Here it is.



The Sorrow and the Glory

Silent as you watched them hate you.
Silent as you felt them pierce your flesh.
Silent as the father looked away.

Did you weep within your soul?
Did sorrow sear your heart?

If you had shed a tear, it could have drowned the world.
And with one word you could have vanquished all as they
     laughed,
     mocked,
     stripped,
     despised,
     killed you.

Your silence made them fools.

I, too, am a fool, yet mystified
that you could want to know me.
That silently you chose to bleed and die
and give your love away to fools like I.

Words fall away like shame
within the presence and the glory
of your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment