Tuesday, August 28, 2012

beyond words



Ever notice how hard it is to trust, to keep on believing in an ultimate plan, a good plan, a wise plan. Maybe the foolishness of man is wise, maybe the wisdom of man is foolish - all I know is that I would rather believe than not believe. I am a truth seeker. 

Trust
Lord, you love me
as I am. I’m held in
your gigantic hand.
You have planned my
every way, carefully
measured out my days.
I see  your goodness
overflow, trouncing all
I hope to know.
Your grace is bleeding
o’er my heart and
I don’t know the way,
but I’m here at the start.
I’m planning to step,
though it might be to fall.
Lord, you have made
me. I trust. That is all.
             -Kimberly Laustsen


I guess one of the reasons I am drawn to writing is that I want to leave some words behind. My mom died thirty years ago, and she left no words. My grandma left a few. I want to leave more. Words have the power to do good even after we are gone. Look at Mister Rogers - I feast on his words on a regular basis and they have power. How interesting the life of words.

What We Say

The pleasure of words
     is extravagant, absurd.

The texture of letters gets
     better, better as phrases 
     jostle and age, as
     lines strain to hold
     bliss and rage.

The power of what we 
     say can never go away.

Words live on and they will,
     even when the body’s still.
          -Kimberly Laustsen



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! A feast for the eyes. Hugs, Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the right amount of words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words also offer insight into your heart - which is full of love and open to new insights. I love you sis

    ReplyDelete