Monday, August 6, 2012

cleaning day

Today, I spent the entire day cleaning and organizing my house. You would think this was a bad thing, but you would be wrong. I am the kind of weirdo that actually enjoys cleaning my house. Ooh, and there is nothing better than when the entire place is clean all at the same time- not that it is all that big. I never wanted a humongous house - just a cozy regular house to keep clean and to relax in.
I guess we grow up wanting what we missed as kids. Growing up, I moved fourteen times, never getting to stay in one house for long. I do not remember my mom ever once cleaning our house or caring about coziness. In fact, she was rarely home, especially the older I got, and when she was there she was usually on the phone.
Back then, my dream was to live in one house for a long, long time - a homey house where people spent time hanging out together and regularly gathered 'round the kitchen table for home-cooked meals. So, cleaning, cooking, and playing cribbage in the evenings with QG are my idea of fun - all are part of my simple American dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment