Thursday, August 23, 2012

poetry day

Since Saturday, I have been having technical problems with downloading photos onto my blog. I have been trying to figure out why, which is a sad state of affairs, as I am about as technically literate as my dog, Jamie. Anyhow, I finally got one to load. Let us hope the problem is fixed. It may not be. Anyhow, here is a poem for fun:

Secret Story
 
Don’t tell a soul
what I’m gonna say,
not yet anyway.

Wait for my secrets
to be revealed,
some fake, some real,
as I spin my
fantastic yarn,
weaving bits
of stone and bone,
a feather here,
some hair or fur,
a knuckle, a button,
an old lost shoe,
a banana peel,
a baby tooth,
a rusted out lamp,
a tiger’s claw,
feelings of ease,
wonder and awe.

These will braid
and overflow
spilling all the
things I know.
     -Kimberly Laustsen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment