Wednesday, November 28, 2012

delight day


I fear the holiday business is now upon us. Don't get too busy to savor. Savoring is the state of mind that I like to live in it. It's funny how nearly croaking in a terrible car accident two years ago has developed my savoring skills. I mean, I used to be a pretty nervous individual, but now I'm mostly thankful. Don't get me wrong. I still freak out now and again, but since the accident,  my default has shifted from worried to delight. Fresh scents, sunlight sifting through leaves, the funny way my dog rests her head on my book as she sleeps, a cup of English tea in the afternoon: these  are my life. The big things are out there somewhere, but the real living is in the small things taken one at a time. I am glad I get to be here this moment. It might have been different. This morning, I found these delightful things around the house:


freshly laundered shirts hanging up to dry,


the little Pine tree I got two Christmases ago at Home Depot, and my Asparagus fern,


a freshly picked Florida lemon,


a holiday candle filling the house with cheer. Try not to rush. Look around. What can you find to take delight in?

No comments:

Post a Comment