Sunday, November 4, 2012

these words is my evidence

I have now gone almost a month without writing a poem. 



This must end. When you find something that feeds your soul, you must to make time for it. That should be a law. Besides, I am not quite myself without written evidence. 







I am thankful for words, 
thankful I can be heard, 
thankful for my right to say, 
thankful I can make my way, 
thankful for uncertainty, 
thankful for doubt, 
thankful Americans are free to shout, 
thankful for wine and bread, 
thankful for my ocean-soft bed, 
thankful for those who can sing, 
thankful  for undiscovered things, 
thankful for puffy yellow clouds, 
thankful I sometimes cry, 
thankful I need to ask why, 
thankful for cameras, 
thankful for friends, 
thankful for thoughts that never end,
thankful for perfectly fitting jeans, 
thankful for all the mess a life brings, 
thankful for hope,
thankful for now,
thankful for tomatoes,
thankful for cows.

3 comments:

  1. You should read these at Thanksgiving dinner.
    I am thankful for you! mm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for the cross- I am thankful for change- I am thankful for challenge- I am thankful for a comfy home - i am thankful for friends and relatives and their good cheer. I am thankful for life. Thanks Kim for your inspiring poem

    ReplyDelete