Friday, November 16, 2012

old, but still useful

Last Friday, I stopped at an estate sale and bought a bag of vintage fabric scraps for a buck fifty. 
Looking at these pieces makes me happy. 
They are worn, many obviously, from the shape they were cut in, the remnants of long forgotten outfits. 
I like to think that even old things have luster all their own and can still be of use. 
What was she saving these for? A quilt, perhaps? 
They would make a beautiful collage. Just think of all the possibilities.

3 comments:

  1. I think that as we age we remember bits and pieces of our lives and just like these old cloths all of are memories are woven together and hopefully a beautiful life is remembered- of course not perfect but memories of late nite talks while drinking a cup of coffee or sipping a glass of wine or whiskey sours- memories of loved ones talking and sharing each other others lives now that is the fabric of life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old, but still useful, hey that's me. Thanks for sharing the beauty of color and design. I ain't what I used to be but God is good. Love u sistas.

    ReplyDelete