Monday, December 10, 2012

what the door said


In this life, I want to be perfect. I catch myself trying to measure up to some standard in my head. That standard is what I think others expect of me. I have to keep learning that it is enough just be myself, whatever that turns out to be. I need to take a lesson from these old car doors. Look at this guy above - so beautiful and intriguing I could stare at him all day.


And take this guy. He pulls me in. I want to climb inside of those colors and lay down in the scratches, dents and rust. These doors are fascinatingly imperfect. They've been around a long time. They've traveled some bumpy roads to get so nuanced and sassy. They make no apologies, nor do they flinch when stared at. One can learn a lot from old doors.


No comments:

Post a Comment