Sunday, December 30, 2012

feed them and they will come


So, I'd been wanting a bird feeder for months. All part of my evil plan to get close enough to the birds to photograph them. Unless you have a quality zoom lens (which I don't, as yet), you might as well kiss good bird shots goodbye. But wait. There is also the bird feeder option. Feed them and they will come. 

So I schemed. I looked and looked for a special feeder, even willing to pay full price. The ones I saw were...eeh, lackluster. There is nothing worse, right? Either be awesome or horrible, NOT lackluster. Anyhow, a couple weeks ago, I spotted this gem in my local independent thrift shop for $2.99. Oh yeah, baby. I bought precious and the birdseed and set it up a week ago. Day after day, no birds. 

But, on Christmas day, it snowed here in Dallas. The birds started coming. And coming eating from my feeder. Which reminds me that God, in His mercy, gives us what we need when we need it. Not the day before. Not the day after. The exact day we need it. Today both of my girls flew the nest back to their adult lives. I'm okay. Every minute with them was precious and golden. Now I am back to watching birds. God made the birdies too, and I love them.


No comments:

Post a Comment