Sunday, May 12, 2013

dove alert


With apologies to the crow community, I must, report that the bird that attacked me yesterday morning was actually a mourning dove.Who knew mourning doves could be such haters? I got my personal body guard, Quiet Guy, to accompany me to the scene of the crime this morning. Ahah! I found the nest the evil bird was protecting. It was in a pink oleander bush right beside the fence where it all went down. Can I tell you that Mama bird had the most righteous little ring of blue encircling her little eyes? So lovely. She had a baby bird in the nest with her. Evil attack-Dad was hovering on the fence with his bad beak, but he didn't dare mess with me now that QG had my back. After a quick look at Mama and baby, QG and I got out of there. After all, it is Mother's Day, so Mama Dove should be able to enjoy.

No doubt she was planning on going to brunch someplace. Her and the rest of the world. Seriously, this Mother's Day Brunch thing is out of control. Stop the insanity, people. There other options. How 'bout a hike, or a nice bowl of granola to celebrate the day? Needless to say, I did not go to brunch today. Ugh.

I went to yoga with QG, then did a bit of thrifting and grocery-store shopping, which was super-fun, as I went to Central Market, which is more like a social event than a grocery stop. Of course, I dressed up in my fave skirt. Got an eighteen-buck rib eye steak, and that was the "sale" price. Oy. It is cooking now, so I must be off, as it is almost done. Caio, Beautiful People! Enjoy whatever this day has brought you.


No comments:

Post a Comment