Monday, May 20, 2013

or what?



Quick post, and I give you fair warning that obnoxious bragging is about to follow. Sorry. It's just that.... well, here's the story. 

So, Saturday was my younger daughter, Kelly's b-day. She was not spending it in Portland, where she lives, but in Bend, Oregon because she was there as part of a team representing her work to compete in a relay race. Her company had three teams in the race, so lots of their folk were in Bend. 

That evening, after the race, they all had a huge barbecue dinner, with a big cake to celebrate the Kelster's b-day. So far so good. They sing Happy Birthday to her, she starts to enjoy the feast, then... boom:, a sad occurrence. Her work friend's boyfriend snapped his achilles and needed to be rushed to the hospital, only his girlfriend was super upset, so Kelly decides she needs to drive them both to the emergency room, as they are both too upset to drive safely. That she does, spending the next several hours there until what could be done got done for the poor dude got done. Of course, by this time the barbecue was long over.

Anyhow, Kelly was telling me this story yesterday, and I go, "I'm so sorry that happened, and I'm sorry you barely got to enjoy the party."

Then she says, "I'm just glad that I could be there to take them to the hospital and stay with them. It's okay I missed the party. There will be other parties."

Oh my gosh, does she get it or what? Happy (belated) Birthday, Baby Girl! I heart you.

No comments:

Post a Comment