Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wildlife. Yay.




Oh, my Lord. Today, for the first time ever, I was attacked by a bird. I mean, I've been pooped on before, but never experienced hand-to-hand combat with a crow. I am not even kidding. 

I was walking Jamie the wonder dog to the park  at approximately seven a.m., minding my own business, when a crow swoops up from behind (in my blind spot), and ponks me on the head, pecking at me until I managed to fend him off via heroic screaming and flailing of the arms. That evil bird scrambled my ponytail into a mess worthy of the gal on Cold Case. (You know, the girl with the freakishly messy hairdo, episode after episode. Don't know her character's name due to the fact that I cannot bear to watch that show for more than five minutes due to her messy hairdo. Drives me berserk!)

Anyhow...as I was saying. What's up with the crows? Seriously. Is the Apocalypse imminent, or happening as we speak? Is it global warming? Trade winds? Obama? Bush? Letterman? Tell me.

On a lighter note, we caught a rat in our critter trap last night. That's rats one, opossums one, if you're keeping score. The reason we even got the trap was squirrels, but they studiously avoid it, busy hanging out in our attics and walls. Ha, ha.

With all of this wildlife, you would never know that we live in a sedate city suburb, miles and miles from the country. Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. I was attacked by black birds a couple of times when i used to walk around the mobile home park- scary

    ReplyDelete