Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bella Venice


QG and are finally back. We went to a bunch of places in Europe, and I hope to show you lots of them, but today is about Venice, Italy. Maybe you have been there. If not, I hope you get to go someday.


To tell the truth, I didn't think that much about Venice before we went. Canals, boats, whatever... I pictured myself wandering around in wading boots. It just goes to show how ignorant one can be, and by one, I mean me. Venice is magical, so beautiful with the light shimmering off the water, and the funky mix of ocher, salmon and mold-green like no other locale. I can't explain the mystique of this place, but I could happily wander the streets for at least a year, taking pictures and learning. You see, the Italians love to savor and enjoy each moment. Wine with every meal (except breakfast), gelato, coffee, and "piano, piano, piano," (meaning slowly) as one of our Italian tour guides said repeatedly throughout our day. Hmmm... wine, gelato, coffee, meandering. I could get used to that as a lifestyle. Tomorrow, I will tell you a story about Croatia.


3 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to all these coming posts. We'll have to talk about Venice sometime. Richard and I were there on our honeymoon, so we got a gondolier that sang to us. I was too embarrassed to enjoy it. mm

    ReplyDelete
  2. MM - I miss you. Will call you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to go to Italy some day

    ReplyDelete