Wednesday, November 27, 2013

mad skills

Below is a shot of Venice, taken from St. Mark's square looking across the canal. Between the church, the Doges Palace and the Palazzo Ducale (the former royal residence), this area was my favorite in Venice, except for the Peggy Guggenheim Collection museum. 


The shot to the right below is Venice along the canal. Love that combo of colors. The one to the left is from Sorrento, Italy at La Sorgente, which is an olive and lemon farm where we did an olive oil tasting. That freshly-pressed olive oil is like liquid sunshine. The flavor is so intense and robust, nothing like the stuff I typically get in the grocery store. So, now, I have a new appreciation for olive oil, which borders on obsession. Not that I needed a new food to obsess over, what with my ice cream, Stilton cheese, coffee, cranberries and granola fascinations already keeping me busy. Where does one sign up to be a professional food appreciator? I've got mad skills in that department, which, sadly, seem to be the highlight of my skill set. 


Oh, oh, oh. I almost forgot. QG and I started watching Breaking Bad. Just as we are always a few steps behind on technology, we are late to the table on this show. The good part, though, is that we have lots of seasons to burn through in extended sessions of hunkering down in front of the TV for hours on end, which is my idea of a perfect life. Especially when combined with snacks and simultaneous crocheting. Enjoy your Thanksgiving! Don't forget to be a slacker and relax.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't watched that so I may be missing something.
    Do you or have you watched Downton Abbey? A clerk at Barnes & Noble called it Downtown Abbey, so of course I corrected him. He said, "You can tell I haven't watched it." mm

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you decide to watch Breaking Bad, prepare yourself. It is very dark and almost depressing at times, but the writers do such a great job with maintaining tension and characters, it is worth it for that! I love Downton Abbey.

    ReplyDelete