Thursday, November 21, 2013

flotsam


Exciting news on the bargain-hunting front. Don't know about you, but I love to hear about other people's finds. Gives me a vicarious thrill, and inspires me oh so much. So, I share this to inspire you. Just doing my share to help humanity. 

Yesterday, I was driving past Goodwill and felt my car turning, of its own volition, into the parking lot, even though I've been trying to eschew collecting more junk of late, due to my severe de-cluttering efforts. I have a split personality: I want to be all sparse and Zen with nothing but a yoga mat and a rock to sleep on. On the other hand, stuff is so cute and comforting. Yesterday was not a Zen day, so I took a walk through Mecca once my car had taken me there. 

Found this heavenly leather jacket. Yes, I collect leather jackets, but only soft ones that fit perfectly. This one feels like butter, and is in perfect condition. I had to rescue it. For $19.99, it was pricey for Goodwill, but worth it. My precious! 

Also got this Italian silk/wool blend scarf for $1.59. And speaking of Italy, I'll have lots more pictures of that stunning place, and Spain as well, soon as I can work on them.


The shot at the top is my neighbors tree the other morning. I was walking Jamiewoo the wonder dog, and had to zoom back to the house to get my camera soon as I saw this glorious tree. The saturation on this photo has not been enhanced: these were the actual colors of tree and sky. I basically climbed into the tree as if it were a tent. Thrilling nature - gotta love it.

At bottom are the dried cranberries I made yesterday. The new method worked great, and it only took seven and a half hours. Yum.



2 comments:

  1. I noticed the Neiman Marcus label in the jacket
    mm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Nothin' but the finest Goodwill treasures for me! Har har.

    ReplyDelete