Friday, September 14, 2012

bad face day

Happy Friday! I'll be honest, I'm having a bad face day. It happens. Some days I look in the mirror and think, who is that droopy gal and how did she get into my body? 
Also, this week I am approaching the limit of how long I can comfortably go without seeing my kids in person. The problem is I won't see either of them again till December. And of course, it seems like every friend I saw this week had nothing else to talk about but their recent adventures with their kids who live here in town. I am glad for them. I really am. But sad for me. 
Then I think what a selfish baby I am and feel guilty. My kids are healthy, they are living their dreams and it is not all about me. I know this. I do. Only sometimes one wants to behold the face in person instead of the voice across a telephone line. 
Anyhow, that has been my week. But today is Friday and soon QG and I will be going out to dine with friends. I guess every life is a mixture. Let it stir.

5 comments:

  1. December is so soon! We will be home before you know it. I was just talking to someone in the airplane about how bend is a lovely place to retire!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, KD. December will be here before we know it. I want to check out bend - you never know where we will end up!

      Delete
  2. I understand how you feel about seeing your daughters. If it helps, just remember that you have two daughters to see. Knowing that will not assuage your loneliness for them, but be comforted that you CAN see them. Mert

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right. I hate that you will not get to see Allison again in this life and that you have to suffer the pain of her loss. I cannot imagine how hard a road you are traveling and I wish there were some way I could lessen your load, but of course there is not. She was a beautiful bright light upon this Earth. You are too. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim. I don't know you but I happened upon this wonderful thing-whatever it is lol- and I've been reading these posts for almost an hour now. You seem like a great person and you inspire me so much! I was having a bad day, but your posts cheered me up and helped realize that I don't need to be the best person, I just have to enjoy life!!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete