Monday, September 3, 2012

one scrappy life



Happy Labor Day! 

I hope you are getting to relax. 
Yesterday, QG and I started watching season 2 of The Killing -oh my lordie, it is the best series ever - if you have not seen it, I challenge you to watch the first episode without getting addicted. It is not possible. You will emerge hours later, bleary-eyed from watching tons of dark and rainy episodes. I think we watched 6 or 7 straight - a super-fun and indulgent waste of time which I highly recommend (though I was crocheting the whole time so something got done). 

Today, I've been working on poetry, gave Jamie a bath in the back yard, read the newspaper, did some gardening and ironing and took a few pictures around the neighborhood. QG and I are about to go out for lunch as soon as he gets done scrubbing the kitchen floor - don't know what possessed him to do that, but I'm not complaining. 
I love this kind of day: a day pieced together out of random scraps. Here are a few of the pieces. See how many fun bits you can squeeze into today. Enjoy!



Finding


Rumbly mountain top
Cardboard cereal box
SuperBall bouncing high
My own corner of bluest sky
A pond to splash and swim
So many games to win
Sunlight on skin
Secrets within
White light ahead
So much to dread
Spiders on forehead, shoe
More than I can do
Arms falling slack at sides
Feeling like I should hide
Not sure of what I see
Don’t know all I need
Happy, yet sad
Try to be glad
Life spilling over, beneath
Wanting to learn, not teach
Sitting quietly at rest
Finding I am blessed
         -Kimberly Laustsen


5 comments: