Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hawaii days 5&6

Here's what I've learned after spending three days straight on the beach:
1. It would be easier to thread a camel through the eye of a needle than to adequately cover all of your exposed skin with sunscreen. You will miss spots. They will turn candy apple red, as in the stripe running across your rib cage, and the oval to the left of your belly button.
2. The thong, as a bathing suit option, is a sensible alternative for approximately one-ten-thousandth of one percent of the female population. To those select few, I say go for it. To the rest, I say cover up, woman! Sadly, I have now exceeded my lifetime's supply of cellulite viewing.
3. God used a saturated palette when he painted the Hawaiian islands. This much blue, fuchsia, golden yellow, pink, red and green should be illegal. It could lead to color intoxication. It could be addictive. It could strain your eyes. I cannot get enough of gawking at every colorful growing thing and the sky.




On another note, last night was the Luau. The show was a little corny, but we had a great time!



(The picture on the right was the lady beside me. Her hairdo made no sense. I had a hard time concentrating on the show because this was my vantage point. All I could think about was the hairdo. What did it mean? What kind of style was it supposed to be? If you looked closely, you could see several more combs tucked under the section to the left. Fascinating.)

No comments:

Post a Comment