Tuesday, May 29, 2012

girl meets camera: a love story, plus beef jerkey recipe

When I started this blog, I thought it would be all about the words, as I am a word lover. But then, into my life came a camera: an average Joe. He gave way to a better camera. Her name is Agnes. It is now official: Agnes and I are are in love. We progressed quickly through crush and "in like" to the real deal: l-o-v-e.
Here's what I've discovered: photography and poetry are two sides of the same coin. In both, you are trying to capture a moment; a transcendent moment. In both, it is you and a concept, or idea that you are reaching for. The reach is interesting. Also, let it here be said that one is never too old to learn. I am learning about photography. That, too, is exciting in its own right.

So, yesterday, I took 747 pictures. The hard part is choosing which to put up here. First, I'll start with beef jerky. QG bought a dehydrator in order to make foodstuff for his Appalachian Trail hike last month. He made most of his own food, including dried spaghetti sauce and beef jerky. This got me interested in making various kinds of beef jerky, as heretofore, I thought such a thing was difficult. It is not. I made some yesterday. Here's what you do. Get some London Broil beef.


Slice it 1/4 inch thick, or slightly thinner. Marinade it in Allegro Marinade, Original for a day or so. Pat dry. Sprinkle with McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak, or Grill Mates Mesquite seasoning. Put onto the dehydrator rack. Dehydrate for about six hours.

Enjoy the delish beef jerky. Tomorrow, I will tell you about yesterday's adventures. Thank you for reading this blog. You are awesome. I appreciate your light in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment