Tuesday, May 1, 2012

two pages a day

Happy May, y'all. I hope it is off to a good start. Just a couple of things. A couple years ago, I went through The Artist's Way workbook by Julia Cameron. It's a good tool for getting more in tune with your creativity. A big part of it is to keep a journal, writing at least three pages a day. You can write anything at all: whatever comes to mind. Since starting the blog, I've written less in my journal & miss it, so am challenging myself to write at least two pages a day in May. I encourage you to try it. It's amazing how much you can get out of such a simple practice.
     Also, I wanted to recommend The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel movie. QG and I saw it a couple weeks ago at an advance screening. While it does not have the strongest plot known to mankind, the characters are mostly quirky, interesting "mature" folks. Good job, Hollywood, for casting actresses without perky boobs or smooth skin, and actors with male pattern baldness. In other words; real people (albeit mostly British, who seem to go in less for the plastic face thing as they age). Maggie Smith is adorable in it and funny. The best part, though, is the gorgeous cinematography. Most is set in India, and the colors are stunning, from the lush saffron sari's to the bird's egg blue scarfs. Also, the lighting was perfect. (Not that I'm an expert, but you'll see.)
     Tomorrow, I've got a pretty schweet bracelet craft to show you, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment