Sunday, May 20, 2012

RMP's

Let's face it: things is busy these days. Folks rush from spot to spot without much time to absorb the in-between. We get so caught up in do-ing that we sometimes forget the be-ing. We forget to inhabit the now.

In her poem, When Death Comes, Mary Oliver says,"When it's over, I want to say: all my life I was a bride married to amazement. I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms." And, "I don't want to end up simply having visited this world." Mary's got it going on. I'm in awe of her genius. She got me thinking about how beautiful it is to soak up moments. Happy moments. Luscious moments. Moments that are particularly radiant, wherever you can find them. Life is made up of such as these. I call them RMP's: Random Micro Pleasures. When you catch one, stop and enjoy it.
making art

flowers with bugs

Dr. Fears' lectures


tomatoes
Amos Lee

fruit salad



No comments:

Post a Comment