Monday, May 14, 2012

yoga s'moga

Hey, try this.






     Just kiddin'. You might want to start with a simple tree pose. Or child's pose. Any pose will do. Here's my idea for the day: try yoga. Quiet Guy and I have been into yoga for a couple of years now. It really helped with the accident recovery. Granted, QG is still a wee bit inflexible, and I still do not have the greatest balance. Whatev. The important thing is that we are a little bit better than we were before.

     Lately, I've been thinking of personal slogans. Several of my friends have them. One friend's is, "Don't fence me in." I think mine is, "Better as we go." That line often pops into my mind unbidden, so I've decided it must be my slogan. It's my goal, anyhow; to always improve, to always learn, getting better as I go. (And I definitely have room for improvement.)

     Oh, about the pictures. This dude is our amazing yoga teacher, Christopher. We take his classes Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings at 24 hour fitness in Carrollton, Texas. I got the idea to ask him if  I could photograph him in action, and he was kind enough to agree. These were taken after our class yesterday. Thanks, Christopher! This allowed me to blog about yoga with photos (trust me, you wouldn't have wanted to see QG or me in action) and to try out my new camera, Agnes, on human subjects. So fun.   

     Christopher is a former stunt man, so he is uber-coordinated and more flexible than Gumbie, but the best thing about his classes is his words. He teaches you so much about calm and self-acceptance through the medium of yoga. It is great. So worthwhile. Also, his every class is different, so it never gets boring.

     Yeah, yoga.  It builds core strength, flexibility, and balance, but it is also good for your mind. Yoga engenders calm. And who couldn't use a little more calm in this crazy world. Try it, friend. And if you already practice yoga... high five, Buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment