Friday, February 15, 2013

Doggy day afternoon

 Yesterday, I had a gig at the Klyde Warren Park taking photos of dogs at their big Valentine's event. Seriously, what could be more fun than shooting a bunch of silly, slurpy, sly pups?
Here are some of my faves.
While were on the subject of photos, I wanted to report back on my dorkalicious post about the church photo project. I went on Sunday to help and it was way cool.
The photographers I was helping had mad cred and skills. One had been the Texas Ranger's official team photographer for years. The other one is a full-time photographer, having worked as a White House photographer (as in DC), and now locally. These guys could not have been nicer, humbler, or more willing to answer my questions. Thanks, dudes! Also, there was another beginning photographer/lurker (read fellow dork) which was reassuring. What a blessing.
Both professionals admitted to not being experts on every single solitary aspect of photography, as in one did not know that much about Photoshop. This was so comforting, as I am a person who thinks I need to know every jot and tittle before embarking on any undertaking. Au contraire.  I am learning that a willing heart, openness and steady effort are the main things.



No comments:

Post a Comment