Thursday, February 21, 2013

ugh - computers

Ugh. Computers really stress me out. I tried all morning to get the internet to work on our home computer. (Not the one I'm working on now, obviously.) That, in itself, is a joke, as what I know could barely fill a thimble. I ran every Norton task, turned the firewall back on, restarted multiple times, prayed, and did the Hula while circling said computer. Nothing. If the Hula doesn't work, we know it's bad. So I picked up my camera and started taking pictures of these pink roses I got for my b-day. That helped a little, but not much.
I hate that once I get stressed, it is hard to un-stress. Computer issues give me a feeling of impending doom which is hard to shake. I know it's illogical. That feeling is exactly the feeling I used to have as a child whenever my mom would remind me we could end up at the poor house at any time. I thought it was a real place and fretted over which stuffed animals I would take, as I knew I couldn't fit them all in my suitcase. I worried about that a lot. News like that is too heavy for little kids to lug around. Anyhow, I don't know why bad computer mojo brings that back. Perhaps it's the enigma. I can't understand what problem is going on inside that little box, nor can I control or fix it. Frustrating. Oh well. Writing this out has helped. Sometimes the page is my best friend. Let us all praise words spooling out into a line with all their beauty and might!

On a brighter note, it is almost time for my little buddy, Morgan, to get here. Today we are making collages and eating pretzels and apple slices. Now that is something I can understand. And something that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment