Wednesday, February 6, 2013

the Universe speaks



Lately, I've been trying to get more in touch with my intuition, trying to be open to the Universe and pay close attention. It's been interesting. Things keep happening. Like the other day, I mentioned the movie The Sound of Music when walking with a friend. She was flabbergasted, as she'd spent an hour researching that very thing right before we met to walk. She was trying to find out about the estate where the real Von Trapp family lived. Coincidence, or the Universe speaking? I mean, how often do you mention The Sound of Music in casual conversation? This is only one small example from all those floating my way lately.

Today, I was all set to be a slug when the universe told me otherwise. Normally, on Wedndsay nights, QG and I go to yoga, but he was working tonight. So, instead of going to yoga, I decided to hunker down in front of the TV with a bowl of ice cream topped with chocolate sauce and peanuts. To make this evening of decadence even more enjoyable, I pulled out my new Bon Appetit magazine to peruse while chunking out and catching up on celebrity gossip by watching E!News. What could be better than that? But no.

The first article I opened to is all about some chick who gets up at 5:30 a.m. seven days a week to go to boot camp for an hour before work. She never eats anything but fruit and vegetable juice, with a few almonds and granola, except for dinner, when she has lean chicken with salad and lentils. In the afternoons, she treats herself to some lemon water. Really? I wanted to shout, "Noooo. This is Bon Appetit, people, not Woman's Health. This is a magazine for people who cook, and that means eating real food. Like French fries." Oy. Anyhow, this chick ruined my evening. I decided if she can do all that, at least I can make it to a simple yoga class. Which I did. But not before downing the ice cream. As it turned out, the class was awesome. Thank you, Universe, for kicking my butt.

Before, I would have dismissed the go-to-class instinct which the article prompted. But I'm learning to trust my instincts, to catch more mysteries as they float by. Maybe you're already practiced at this, but if you're not, try it. Keep your eyes and your heart open and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment