Thursday, September 19, 2013

7 days, 7 dinners, day 7: taco salad


In this life, sometimes we have trouble. Some days we have pain. sometimes we look for art and find it. This morning, I saw the most spectacular sunrise. What a privilege to see such brilliant colors, clouds, and slant of light. I did not have my camera, but I decided to tote it mornings from now on. I am thankful for sunrise. It reminds me of a Bible verse, Lamentations 3:22,23, which says (about God),"His compassions never fail. They are new every morning."

I am a literal thinker, and need pictures for concepts, so sunrises help me to grasp this verse. No sunrise is the same: they are new every morning. I have gotten so into enjoying walking at sunrise that the upcoming colors in tomorrow's morning sky is now the last thing I think of when falling asleep, as opposed to my morning cup if coffee, which has kept me going for years. Not that I don't still savor my morning Joe. but get outside at 6:45 a.m., people, and look up at the sky. It's amazing.


Day seven of the dinner thing brings us to taco salad. And now I know why my blog is based on randomness. I am so easily bored. This dinner reporting is getting old. That being said, I must declare that Taco salad is the eighth great wonder of the world. So easy and so tasty. QG and I have it at least once a week. You just cook up some taco meat, throw it on top of a pile of lettuce, followed grated cheese, sliced avocado (or guacamole), olives, onions, salsa, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, and Catalina dressing. Boom, done.


No comments:

Post a Comment